It is still amazing to see the number of brands that are using social media incorrectly. Some can’t seem to shake this “Look at me!!” mentality, which is ruining their customer experience and inevitably causing the loss of the customer.
Brands need to begin focusing their social media strategy and they have 5 choices.
3. Customer Services
5. Community Experience
Each platform they participate on needs a purpose that fulfills their customer needs. Given the number of big brands that still don’t have a huge following on social media they have a great opportunity. By focusing their Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Blog on one of these strategies they can “teach” consumers where to find the answer or experience they’re looking for.
The type of content provided under each strategy has very specific purpose:
1. Branding: Complimentary Imagery & Matched Tone
- external and internal content that supports the brand
2. Sales: Offers/Discounts, Links to New Products/Reviews
- content that showcases products and services
3. Customer Services: Public Answers to Questions & Complaints
- recognition of problems and specific answers
4. Innovation: Calls for Feedback & Customer Opinion
- the key is to implement the feedback and showcase it
5. Community Experience: Additional Content, Customer Submitted Content
- keep it interactive and exclusive
Are your favorite brands using one of these?